Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Have an mazda eunos cosmos 1990, tachometer and odometer…

Customer Question
Have an mazda eunos...

Have an mazda eunos cosmos 1990, tachometer and odometer stopped working.what can be the cause

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked visually relays under dash, and fueses, but car is righthand drive and everything is in japanese

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Yes its working well starts and runs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it for know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/19/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi
name is ***** ***** I am a Automotive expert here at Just Answer.
I Just noticed that your question had not received a reply and thought I would see if you still need help with this.
I'm sorry for the long delay and I hope I can still assist you with this question .

Greg

This is a problem from the speedometer which works with the techo.

Normally a bad circuit print in the cluster . we had one repaired by the local TV and radio tech, he just re soldered all points

cleaned it and got it working ,bad connection on the back will cause it to overheat the circuits so check connections after re soldering.

If too far gone look for a replacement cluster .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg