Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I just replaced my serpentine belt and now its making like…

Customer Question
I just replaced my...

I just replaced my serpentine belt and now its making like it's burning

Mechanic's Assistant: What shape is the serpentine belt in? Is it cracked, shiny, or frayed? And have you ever replaced one?

Its a new belt just bought it a friend helped change it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2011 Mazda CX7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the battery and the serp belt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I know for now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
The small pully is not rotating
3/18/2018
Mazda Mechanic: EricFromCT, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

What engine is in this? A 2.3 or a 2.5?

dohc 16 Valv

So if you take the belt back off and spin the pulley will it rotate?

I have a friend who put the belt on for me, he is no longer here
I don't have the tools to take the belt back off
its the only one not moving

I would recommend not driving it with the burning smell going on. I suggest you take the belt back off and verify pulley operation and then replace it if needed. That may have been the original issue of why you thought the belt needed to be replaced.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Hello? Are you going to be able to do that and then let me know?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Have you made progress with your car?