Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Leaking oil. 2006 6 3.0. Nothing. Cost/? online advice?

Leaking oil Mechanic's Assistant:...

Leaking oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2006 6 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No..cost/? online advice?

Car is leaking oil bad. I need a diagram to help me replace valve cover gaskets and any other gasket that is relatively easy to get to
What is a PCV valve and how do I replace?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Can you tell me where on the engine its leaking oil?

if you don't know the origin of the leak then clean the engine off with some brake cleaner and rags and then run the engine until its hot so hopefully you can spot the point of the leak

Probable points of origin? Large puddle of oil every time it’s parked. Our smudge all over front valve cover, going to start there.
Call at 6 est

Hello

Ok if its leaking that bad it should be easy to spot and is probably from a gallery, so its being forced out under pressure

so check the state of the oil filter and 1st and the oil pressure switch

if this is OK then I'd pull the front valve cover off and check the state of the gasket for any tears or rips and replace as required

when you do fit a new gasket use a little silicone sealent to ensure its held in place on the cover but do not use sealent on the cylinder head mating face

350matt
350matt, Engineer
Cary York
Phone call session started