Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My 2016 CX-5 AWD is fine, we love it. But I have a question…

My 2016 CX-5 AWD...

My 2016 CX-5 AWD is fine, we love it. But I have a question the we need a definitive answer to. We have purchased a 38' RV and will soon be traveling with it full-time. We were planning to tow our Mazda behind it but have be given a different answer every time we ask the question, including at our local Mazda dealer. It looks like our AWD Mazda shouldn't be towed either front wheels up, or 4 wheels down. If that is correct, if we traded it in for a 2WD would it be possible to tow it? We had a CX7 first, then switched over to the CX5 when they discontinued the 7. I love my Mazda and really hope that I don't have to exchange it for something else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

EXcellent!

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

As stated above, we don't have a mechanical problem with the car, we just need an answer from someone who knows the Mazda CX5 as to whether or not we can tow it behind a large RV motorhome.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
3pac2222
3pac2222, Other

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

this car should not be flat tow / it should be on dolly or flat bed no wheels on the grounds

if you had the*****you can tow it front wheel up back wheel down

do you have any more questions ?

r u there ??

Is there a huge difference between the AWD and the 2 WD? We will be driving the car back to New England during the winter months.

the all wheel drive just have two more drive wheel meaning it will do better in snow and slippery conditions

the*****is front wheel drive so it will also do ok but not as good as the awd

3pac2222
3pac2222, Other