Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 mazda cx 7 and the key will not turn in the…

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 mazda cx 7 and the key will not turn in the ignition...also the key fob will not open or lock the doors...i have replaced the 1620 batteries in both sets of key remotes... when the door is opened with the key the red security on the instrument paned blinks and beeps

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes i can turn the steering wheel..the original key may be a little worn but the spare remote has really only been used a few times

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its not a mazda 2 its a 2011 cx7 and i am trying to solve the problem myself

3/18/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Did both issues occur at the same time?

Will the spare key turn in the ignition?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
both issues at the same time and no spare key will not work either...

If you insert the key then tap it with a screwdriver handle while trying to turn will this allow it to turn?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after about 3 or 4 taps i hit the jackpot on the next tap which was a little harder... it started ...what part needs to be replaced and what would be the approx cost? thanks for your help . Ted

If the key is not worn down what appears to excessive then you need to install a new lock cylinder tumbler set that matches your key code. This will resolve the keys inability to turn and start the vehicle.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
great response time and the correct diagnosis to fix my issue

Super

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician