Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Daughter stuck Alexandria, LA. plastic cover under front,

Daughter stuck Alexandria, LA...

Daughter stuck Alexandria, LA. plastic cover under front, like under engine looks to be dragging, like a bolt came out. Can she just keep driving?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic transmission, 140,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2004 Mazada 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, she is alone .

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

From what you are describing here, it sounds like the engine splash shield has come loose. This is just a plastic shield that prevents rain water from getting onto the serpentine belt and on the engine. Best bet here would be to pull the shield off from under the front of the vehicle, just to ensure it doesn't go upwards and rub on the serpentine belt. As long as there is no rain on the roads, the vehicle will be just fine and safe to drive. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

She can't pull it off, will it hurt for her to just drive anyway? She is about 2 hours from me.

As long as the shield stays away from the serpentine belt, it will be just fine. If it's dropping downwards and dragging on the ground, strong chance it won't jump upwards. It should be no problem.

Thank you that is all. Goodbye

Glad I could be of some help! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page. Have a great day!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -