Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My Mazda 6 key module are smart key the battery replaced and…

Customer Question
My Mazda 6 key...

My Mazda 6 key module are smart key the battery replaced and now I don't believe the codes for the car and the key are matching up

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

There is no reset its a battery you replacing the key which is a smart key and it must have lost its charge in the bubble chip that held the code that matches the car it's a security feature

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replace the batteries in the keys that's all. I can jump the car and no problem but the ignition will not start because of what I believe is a security issue with the keys I'm going to need to bring it to a dealership where they can reprogram the key I think

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 5 days by:
3/22/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like an answer
Mazda Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

You are correct , You Smart key is not sending the RF signal necessary , So replacing the key itself is necessary here and this will require a dealer scanner or equivalent

to do register it to the car .

To be sure I would have it scanned with a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .the smart key signal can be also checked using a capable scanner

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few