Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

The clutch pedal is soft. It was all of the sudden, and I…

Customer Question
The clutch pedal is...

The clutch pedal is soft

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

It was all of the sudden, and I could not shift

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Mists 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The fluid was empty, I put more in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Six months aga I put more fluid in and it worked, I drove it all this time and it was great

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you are having to add fluid then you have a leak in the clutch system and that can cause trapped air in the system and a soft pedal. Have you inspected the clutch master cylinder as well as the line and slave cylinder to see if you can locate the source of the leak?

Ok

No, I haven't looked yet

I would start with inspecting the clutch system to see if you can locate the leak and once you have found it and repaired it then bleeding the system will correct the soft pedal concern. Take a close look at the Master cylinder as well as the area around the slave cylinder. There should be signs of fluid at the source.