Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I want timing chain marks

Customer Question
Hi i want timing...

Hi i want timing chain marks

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what is the year model Mazda , send me vin# ***** i will send you the timing marks for it

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mazda cx7
2007 model
vin jmoer103100104931
thank you
sarah vanwyk

TIMING CHAIN REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [L3 WITH TC]

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the under cover.
3. Remove the front wheels and tires (RH).
4. Remove the splash shield.
5. Remove the charge air cooler.
6. Remove the high pressure fuel pump.
7. Remove the ignition coils.
8. Disconnect the wiring harness.
9. Remove the ventilation hose.
10. Remove the drive belt.
11. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor.
12. Remove the P/S oil pump with the hoses and pipes still connected.

Note:
- Position and secure the P/S oil pump out of the way with a rope or wire.

Zoom/Print

13. Remove the bracket shown in the figure, and place the power steering pressure hose outside of the vehicle.
14. Remove in the order indicated in the figure.
15. Install in the reverse order of removal.
16. Start the engine and inspect and adjust the following:
(1) Engine oil amount (See ENGINE OIL LEVEL INSPECTION [L3 WITH TC].) See: Engine Oil > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Engine Oil Level Inspection [L3 With TC]
(2) Runout and contact of pulley and belt.
(3) Ignition timing, idle speed, and idle mixture (CO and HC) verification (See ENGINE TUNE-UP [L3 WITH TC].) See: Tune-up and Engine Performance Checks > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > Engine Tune-Up [L3 With TC]

Zoom/Print

Cylinder Head Cover Removal Note

Zoom/Print

1. Loosen the cylinder head cover bolts in the order shown in the figure.

Crankshaft Pulley Lock Bolt Removal Note

Zoom/Print

1. Rotate the crankshaft in the direction of the engine rotation and remove the cylinder block lower blind plug when the No. 1 cylinder is at the point prior to top dead center (TDC) of compression, then install the SST.
2. Rotate the crankshaft in the direction of the engine rotation so that the No. 1 piston is at TDC of the compression stroke. (Until the crank weight contacts SST and stops.)

Zoom/Print

3. Install the SST to the crankshaft pulley and lock the crankshaft against rotation.

No.3 Engine Mount Removal Note
1. Remove the windshield wiper arm and blade.
2. Remove the cowl grille.
3. Remove the air cleaner and air cleaner bracket.

Zoom/Print

4. To install the front shaft (RH) of the SST, remove the clip shown the figure.

Zoom/Print

5. Install the SST using the following procedure.

Caution:
- Refer to the SST instruction manual for the basic handing procedure
.

Zoom/Print

(1) Install the right rear shaft of the SST to the bolt of the right shock absorber as shown in the figure.
(2) Install the left rear shaft of the SST to the bolt of the left shock absorber. (Identical position to the right side)

Zoom/Print

(3) Temporarily tighten the bolt (M6 x 1.0) to the air cleaner bracket installation position and install front foot No. 2 to the left/right front shaft of the SST, and align the front shaft hole of the SST with the bolt as shown in the figure.
(4) Adjust the positions of the SST side bars so that they are the same height (left and right) and horizontal.
(5) Make sure each joint is securely tightened.

Zoom/Print

6. Support the engine using the SST.

Front Oil Seal Removal Note

Zoom/Print

1. Remove the front oil seal using a flathead screwdriver or similar tool.

Chain Tensioner Removal Note

Zoom/Print

1. Press the timing chain tensioner ratchet to the left using a thin flathead screwdriver (precision screwdriver) to unlock the plunger.

Zoom/Print

2. Slowly press the plunger back in the direction shown in the figure while pressing the ratchet.

Zoom/Print

3. Release the ratchet with the plunger still pressed down.

Zoom/Print

4. Press-in the plunger until the ratchet position is as indicated in the figure, and then insert the wire to lock the plunger.

Oil Pump Driven Sprocket Removal Note

Zoom/Print

1. Temporarily install the crankshaft pulley and crankshaft pulley lock bolt to the crankshaft, and lock the oil pump against rotation as shown in figure.
2. Remove the oil pump driven sprocket, and then remove the crankshaft pulley and crankshaft pulley lock bolt.

Oil Pump Drive Sprocket Installation Note

Zoom/Print

1. The oil pump drive sprocket has the assembly direction as shown in the figure.

Oil Pump Driven Sprocket Installation Note

Zoom/Print

2. Install the oil pump driven sprocket, and then remove the crankshaft pulley and crankshaft pulley lock bolt.

Tightening torque 20 - 30 Nm (2.1 - 3.0 kgf.m, 15 - 22 ft.lbf)

Timing Chain Installation Note

Zoom/Print

1. Install the SST to the camshaft as shown in the figure.
2. Install the timing chain.
3. Remove the wire or paper clip from the chain tensioner piston and apply tension to the timing chain.

Front Oil Seal Installation Note

Zoom/Print

1. Apply clean engine oil to a new front oil seal.
2. Push the front oil seal in the engine front cover by hand.
3. Use the SST to tap in the front oil seal.

Zoom/Print

Front oil seal press-in amount 0 - 0.5 mm (0 - 0.019 in)

Engine Front Cover Installation Note
1. Apply silicone sealant to the engine front cover.

Zoom/Print

Caution:
- Install the engine front cover within 10 min of applying the silicone sealant.
- Silicone sealant is not needed in area C as indicated due to an existing seal.

Thickness
A: 2.2 - 3.2 mm (0.087 - 0.12 in)
B: 1.5 - 2.5 mm (0.06 - 0.098 in)

2. Tighten the engine front cover installation bolts in the order shown in the figure.

Zoom/Print

No.3 Engine Mount Installation Note

Zoom/Print

1. Tighten the No.3 engine mount stud bolts.

Tightening torque 7.0 - 13 Nm (72 - 132 kgf.cm, 62 - 115 in.lbf)

Note:
- If the No.3 engine joint bracket and the engine are removed, retighten the No.3 engine mount stud bolt

Zoom/Print

2. Temporarily tighten the bolts and nuts in the order shown in the figure.

Zoom/Print

3. Tighten the bolts and nuts in the order shown in the figure.

Tightening torque 74.5 - 104.9 Nm (7.6 - 10.6 kgf.m, 55.0 - 77.3 ft.lbf)

Crankshaft Pulley Lock Bolt Installation Note

Zoom/Print

2. Verify that cylinder No.1 is at TDC of the compression stroke. (Position crank weight contacts SST.)

Zoom/Print

3. To position the crankshaft pulley, temporarily tighten it and, using a suitable bolt (M6 X 1.0 length 25 - 35 mm (0.99 - 1.3 in)), fix the crankshaft pulley to the engine front cover.

Zoom/Print

4. Install the SSTs to the crankshaft pulley, lock the crankshaft against rotation, and tighten the crankshaft pulley lock bolt using the following two steps.

Tightening procedure
(1) 96 - 104 Nm (9.8 - 10.6 kgf.m, 70.9 - 76.7 ft.lbf)
(2) 87° - 93°

5. Remove the bolt (M6 X 1.0 length 25 - 35 mm (0.99 - 1.3 in)) installed to the crankshaft pulley.
6. Remove the SST from the camshaft.
7. Remove the SST installed in the cylinder block lower blind plug hole.
8. Rotate the crankshaft clockwise two turns and inspect the valve timing.
- If not aligned, repeat from Step 1.

Zoom/Print

9. Install the cylinder block lower blind plug.

Tightening torque 18 - 22 Nm (1.9 - 2.2 kgf.m, 14 - 16 ft.lbf)

Cylinder Head Cover Installation Note

Zoom/Print

1. Apply silicone sealant to the areas shown in the figure.

Zoom/Print

Thickness 5.0 mm (0.20 in)

Zoom/Print

2. Tighten the cylinder head cover bolts in the order shown in the figure.

Tightening torque 8.0 - 9.5 Nm (82 - 96 kgf.cm, 71 - 84 in.lbf)

click on link to view picture diagrams

PLEASE READ THI BELOW

2007 Mazda Truck CX-7

L4-2.3L Turbo

Components

• Vehicle
  • Engine, Cooling and Exhaust
  • Engine
  • Timing Components
  • Timing Component Alignment Marks
  • Locations
  • Components

Components

Mazda's 2.3 Turbo engine [L3] does not have timing marks. Instead, the timing alignment procedures presume technicians have the proper special service tools (SSTs). For correct alignment, it is imperative that Mazda's procedures are followed explicitly.

For timing component alignment procedures, See: Timing Chain > Service and Repair

THERE IS NO TIMING MARKS ,DO YOU HAVE THE CORRECT TOOLS FOR IT

TOOLS NEEDED

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

Timing Chain Removal/Installation [L3 With TC]

2. Remove the under cover.
4. Remove the splash shield.
5. Remove the charge air cooler.
6. Remove the high pressure fuel pump.
7. Remove the ignition coils.
8. Disconnect the wiring harness.
9. Remove the ventilation hose.
10. Remove the drive belt.

Note:

Zoom/Print

Zoom/Print

Cylinder Head Cover Removal Note

Zoom/Print

Zoom/Print

Zoom/Print

No.3 Engine Mount Removal Note
2. Remove the cowl grille.

Zoom/Print

Zoom/Print

Caution:
.

Zoom/Print

Zoom/Print

(5) Make sure each joint is securely tighteN

6. Support the engine using the SST.

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).

You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat