Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Nobody knows haha We were driving on the highway and all of…

Customer Question
Nobody knows haha We...

Nobody knows haha We were driving on the highway and all of the dash lights/warning lights went on The car then had trouble starting afterwards, and would occasionally lose the power steering or the signal lights We thought it was a battery problem or alternator But those checked out fine on diagnostics The check engine light is still on however

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The dash lights?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2012 Mazda 3 iSport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We took it to a mechanic and he ran diagnostics on the battery and alternator He couldnt' communicate with the other computer system of the car so we took it to a dealership They are saying that it could be a TCM problem, but they don't sound 100% confident

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it - essentially trying to find the most cost efficient way to solve this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
Hello?
3/14/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

there is CAN bus wire from power steering pump that touches the windshield washer bottle and the wire gets cut there, i guess u do not have the car to check

there is also a neutral safety switch on transmission could cause no start .

but the fact first shop told you he can not communicate with other modules and you lost power steering ,you have to check that wire

what is mileage on the car ?

prior to this issue any engine or trans shifting problems, any warning lights on, abs ,traction,check engine etc

what did dealer do , scanned ,found no communication and said you need tcm module ?

ask him, what are the faults numbers retrieved if scanned ,since no communication earlier ?

and if he could not communicate with car modules then did he inspect circuit and can bus line between modules ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Click on link to view pdf file an the area for the wires around washer reservoir area .

THIS TEST NEEDS DONE WHEN WE HAVE CONTROLLER AREA NETWORK (CAN) MALFUNCTION ,

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE OF THE DIAGNOSIS FLOW [MULTIPLEX COMMUNICATION SYSTEM]

That is the correct & most efficient way to answer your question ,the way to fix this problem and you are not throwing parts at it , this dealer or another need to figure out no communication first, then repair ,then scan for faults in the modules if any

if that dealer can not provide that info take it somewhere else ,everything should be based on proper diagnostic ,or u end up throwing parts sat it :)

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician