Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Im losing power steering fluid but i cant figure out where…

Customer Question
Im losing power steering...

Im losing power steering fluid but i cant figure out where its coming from and also i have oil building up on top of my coil pack

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

Yes just had a new ps pump put on and new coil packs and plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

'95' b2300 2.3l 5speedmanual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

New ps pump hosesalso replaced the coil packs and plugs and wires new egr new timing belt and harmonic balqance

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Im wanting to know what ford ranger yrs and parts are interchangeable with 95 b2300

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

These will be two separate problems and need to be addressed separately. Do you have an automotive parts store close by to get some test products? I will send you what you need to diagnose these leaks yourself to save you some money.

Both of these you can do the same time and the same way. First you must do an engine shampoo to remove all traces of any grease and oil from the outer of the engine and dry off with compressed air. the next thing you do is get some leak detector which you can put into both the power steering fluid and engine oil. this will not harm anything . It is a ultraviolet dye that shows where the leak is coming from when you have the proper glasses and light used to pick this up. I will supply you with a picture of the products you need to get .This is what we use in our shop to find hard to find oil leaks.If you have further questions let me know I will be here to help.

Install the dye into the existing oils in both the power steering and engine oil, shampoo the engine, dry off best you can then run the engine and or take for a good drive then check for leaks with the goggles and light. depending on how bad the leak is you may have to drive it longer to get results.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician