Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I drive a 2005 Mazda Tribute. My tribute has a problem where…

I drive a 2005 Mazda...
I drive a 2005 Mazda Tribute. My tribute has a problem where it thinks a door is open, when it is not. It happens when I am driving and when my car is parked. It turns on an interior light and drains my battery when my car is parked. I have tried looking in my manual to figure out if there is a fuse I can disconnect, I have tried putting oil on all of my door jams and I took my car to a local auto body shop. The auto body shop had no idea how to fix the problem. Do you have an answer?
3/13/2018
3pac2222
3pac2222, Other

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

Thank you Cliff. I look forward to any suggestions that you have.

t​he most likely cause of this is a bad door ajar switch located on the body where the door closes next to the door lock Anker

since the driver door is the most used this switch is most likely the one that is bad remove the switch from the body and see if the problem go away

r u there ?

Can the door still open and stay closed if I remove the switch from the body? Would a mechanic, and not a woman with zero car knowledge, understand me if I asked them to remove the switch from the body?
I took my car to a local shop, and I was shocked that they told me they didn't know how to fix the problem. Especially because I was already getting some other car maintenance done and was clearly ready to pay.

yes the door will work fine this has nothing to do with the door open or close it is just a switch that tell the computer the state of the door

3pac2222
3pac2222, Other
Awesome. I will be taking my car to a different shop later this week and asking for that switch to be removed.

and all shop like to get into electrical repair they like the fist money and not thing they have to diagnose

Thank you for your help! I will try to update you after I take my car in for repair

your welcome let me know .