Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2000 Mazda Millennium 2.3v6. When I first crank the car up…

2000 Mazda Millennium 2.3v6...
2000 Mazda Millennium 2.3v6 . When I first crank the car up in the morning it drives wonderful . Then after about 10 miles I loose pressure to the point where when I come
To a complete stop sometimes it just cut off . Where should my idle hand be at ? Also once the car heats up I can't rev it pass 1500 rpm with the pedal all the way to the floor . There are no codes
3/12/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Montee,

Normal idle speed on this engine is 600—700 (650±50) RPM. That being said if you are not getting any fault codes then I would start with checking the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. You need to see 30 to 38 PSI and if the pressure is dropping below 30 PSI then suspect you have a failing fuel pump or the filter is restricted. Let start here and we can work from there if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the fuel filter located ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the outlet to check the pressure ?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the filter is in with the pump ? And do I have to drop the tank to access the fuel pump
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2000 Mazda millennia 2.5 I have the code p1455 where can I access this connector ? Through the trunk ? I did a fuel pump replacement and I'm sure it either got left unhooked or came loose
Ron, ASE Certified Technician