Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I forgot to turn off the engine on my brand new Mazda 3 and…

Customer Question
I forgot to turn...

I forgot to turn off the engine on my brand new Mazda 3 and left the engine running for 8 hours. My car has a start stop button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

My Mazda 3 is a 2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/12/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Dave Hopkins, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins, Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....is there any warning lights on? Is the engine making any noise?
There aren’t any engine lights on ,The car seems to be a little sluggish.
Ok... Leaving your engine running for an extended period of time isn't really going to damage your engine unless it was low on oil or low on coolant being that it was a new vehicle I don't think you should really worry too much about that ....depending on how many miles you have on it the most I would do at this point is just take it in and have the oil changed because you could have overheated the oil by having it run for so long and then I would reevaluate the situation.... if there are no check engine lights on and no warning lights on , then the chances of any damage are slim to none.
If there are no further questions, please rate my answer to your question... I only get credit for assisting you when you rate my answer...if you are not satisfied with my answer or if you require any further assistance, please continue to ask questions. Thank you for using JA.
Are you still in need of assistance?
Mazda Mechanic: Dave Hopkins, Technician replied 4 months ago
Are you still in need of assistance?