Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a Mazda CX 9 3.7L V6 Touring that needs a Crankshaft…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Mazda...
Hi, I have a Mazda CX 9 3.7L V6 Touring that needs a Crankshaft position sensor replace. I just need to know where it’s located. Please help!!
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/12/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 5 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi location of sensor is attached diagram , rear of engine .

Note :

You must loosen the 10mm bolt completely then remove the sensor with the bolt in position as they are one part ,as the two are set in different angles you will need to pull outward then when lose pull outward in a down motion to get both out together .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Hi I look at the diagram and it is still not clear to me. Can you give a little more detail as to where the back of the engine is? Or what component the CPK sensor is next too. Thank you.

Left rear of engine ,

Greg

Will see if I can locate it tomorrow. Thank you!!

Okay sounds good .

I will be here tomorrow , on ET time .

Rgds Greg

Hi Greg, unfortunately I still can’t find the location of the Crankshaft position sensor. I look for over an hour yesterday.The latest diagram you send me look like where the Camshaft position sensor is. Which I just replace.

So that crankshaft sensor you have already replaced .

What problem are you having and what malfunction codes did you have .

Greg

Before using Justanswer, I had to replace CAMSHAFT Position Sensor. Which I did. But I have to replace the CRANKSHAFT Position Sensor as well but I couldn’t locate it after spending days looking for it. So I decided to use Justanswer to help me locate the CRANKSHAFT Position Sensor. But as of now, I still haven’t been able to locate it.