Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Car will not start after charging the battery and it dings…

Customer Question
Car will not start...

Car will not start after charging the battery and it dings like the antitheft is on and key fob will not even lock the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

I don't understand. What positive and negative signs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2012 Mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had it jumped after it would not start after church and that got it started and we drove home. Then put the battery charger on it and will not start. Lights and radio work so it is getting electricity

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car dings three times -- I am not sure if that is the antitheft device? After church we had to use the regular key to open the doors as the keyfob would not work. I have tried two different keyfobs at home and still will not start.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/12/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

If it started after being jumped then I would suspect that your battery is the problem. You should have the battery tested. It may have enough voltage to power on the accessories, but not enough current to power the starter. Make sure the battery cables are free of corrosion and tight they should not move when they are twisted.

Disconnect the negative battery cable, then disconnect the positive cable. Clamp or hold the battery cables together
for 5 minutes. Make sure they are not connected to the battery when touching the cables together. That should reset the system. Most auto parts stores will test the battery for free if you bring the vehicle and or battery to them.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund.
So please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated.
This question will automatically time out after 7 days. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more.
A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Do you still need help?