Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I had my 2009 Mazda 3 hatchback rear window replaced. Now,

Customer Question
I had my 2009...

I had my 2009 Mazda 3 hatchback rear window replaced. Now , although I can unlock the hatch door, I can't open the trunk. The handle seems to be jammed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No. Will give that a try. I talked to a mechanic who thought that the locking mechanism has fallen down. What do you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it into a shop. They told me that as they can t get the casi g off easily with not bro

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not bein g able to open the door it would be e pensive to fix. I have t tried anythi g yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 4 days by:
3/15/2018
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This can be due to the latch itself at fault or jammed.You may have to remove the rear paneling to access the latch to try and manually trigger it to open from there to open it.Then the latch can be checked to see if it needs replaced or adjusted possibly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete