Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 94 Mazda B4000 truck I bought a transmission for it…

Customer Question
I have a 94...

I have a 94 Mazda B4000 truck I bought a transmission for it but discovered that I bought a B3000 will it work in my truck

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

I bought the 4000 from my neighbor and he had taken the transmission out said it was bad I bought a transmission for it and I bought a B3000 instead of for a B4000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself I haven't done anything I have the transmission under the truck I haven't put it in or anyting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/10/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Do you know if your truck had a 4R44E transmission that come out of it? or was it an A4LD transmission? thank you.

They are not interchangeable. but the 3.0L engine could have gotten the 4R44E or the A4LD. (your donor transmission from the B3000) Your truck the B4000 likely had the A4LD being you have a 4.0L engine in yours.

The 4R44E is all electronic, and has 4 solenoids in the valve body. The A4LD is not. it has just two solenoids in the valve body.

So look at the wiring harness and the plug on your transmission. count the pins, see if the connector looks like it will fit.

3 4.0

Do you still have your old transmission that came out of the truck?

3 pins motor is 4.0
still have it

Alright, so you just have a 3 pin harness on your truck correct? the 4R44E transmission connector looks like this. if you don't have that on your truck and the donor transmission doesn't have this connector and it will plug right in, then you have the right one.

Let us know if you have any further questions. If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. Thank you!

Did you get the transmission installed ? Thank you.