Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

When I use my key fob or the lock/unlock button in my car…

Hello! when I use...

Hello! when I use my key fob or the lock/unlock button in my car all of my doors will lock although when I try to unlock it only unlocks the driver side door. it is a cx-9 I believe the year is 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Its a little low im going to change it. but it still works. does that matter it its the same for using the button on the car door?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CX-9?

As stated above, I believe it is a 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We changed the fuse and that did not work. other than that I called a mazda dealership near me and they said they would have to look at it for 95 and hour.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of!

3/9/2018
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you!

Hi .

Here is a guide on how the fob should work .

Please click >>>here<<<......

Still having problems or this does not refer to your remote then please let me know .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my remote works. it locks all of them. but when I click unlock it sounds like it unlocks although only the driver side unlocks. its the same when I use the lock/unlock buttons in the car as well.

When you unlock you have to double press the remote for all doors .

press ones for drivers door and again for all doors .

Greg

Will the doors open from the inside switch

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know that and it does not do it. I have had my car for two years. no, as I said above, it is the same when I use the button in the car.

okay good ,so the other doors will not open electrically .just drivers .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is correct
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
although they will all lock.

Okay you will need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and go into BCM and then activation mode to see if you can with the scan tool open the doors this will confirm the internal workings of the system .

It could be a problem with the unlock circuit or the BCM malfunction .

I betting the wiring circuit is your problem for the unlock circuit .you will need a good electrician to diagnose this for you.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you!! we do not have a diagnostic tool, I probably have to find somewhere that does. any thoughts to what the cheapest route would be or best route.

Best route,? i would see where a good independent Mazda shop is to check your car .

These are normally ex Mazda techs that run these shops and are normally good .

Kind regards Greg

Greg
Greg, import technician
Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician