Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

There is a piece of Styrofoam located in the rear bumper…

Customer Question
There is a piece...

There is a piece of Styrofoam located in the rear bumper where the hookers to be towed what is that Styrofoam piece and can it be removed because that cannot be inserted and I need to tow my car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2011 Mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Needs to be towed stuck in mud need to insert hook to do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
need Answer now will dispute charge
3/8/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Canuck Tech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Technician

Hi there.

The hooks at the rear are for when the car was shipped. They are for securing the car in the boat, when the car is shipped from overseas. The styrofoam piece is part of the bumper reinforcement, and helps the bumper cover keep its shape.

Is the rear bumper damaged?

If you have an email address, I can send you some pics...