Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

It is stalling out every time it comes to a stop. need to…

Customer Question
It is stalling out...

It is stalling out every time it comes to a stop. need to put in in park at stop lights to prevent this

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

It is on stalls on idle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2006 mazda5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Brought to a mechanic but he was not able to figure out the issue trying to explore solutions myself before bringing to another shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What happens next? I just stumbled on this site

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/7/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Do you know what diagnostic codes you are getting? Thanks
No I don't. What's the best way to find those out?
You can have them checked at your local parts store for free. Then write them down and let me know what they are. Thanks
Most of the codes had to do with the oxygen sensor, with one being for the gas cap. The thing is my mechanic already changed the oxygen sensor. I also tried something from youtube where I disconnected and reconnected the battery, then let the car run in park for 20 minutes, then another 15 minutes with the A/C blowing, which was supposed to let the car relearn things. It seemed to make the stalling a little better, but then the acceleration is much worse. I think it's some kind of computer issue?

Did you write down the code numbers for me?

0131
0455
2086
2187
2195A few of these were repeated two or even three times
Mazda Mechanic: Daniel, Manager replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Manager

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based off of what I am reading from your previous conversation here I am going to recommend that we do a live phone call in order to better assist you with your issue. Please accept so that we can continue the conversation.

Once you have accepted the proposal and I will post my phone number, at that point you will text me at least 30 minutes prior to when you are ready to talk. At that point I will call you or set up a time to do so as soon as possible.