Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

1996 626. Noisy blower fan. Probably a mouse nest (has

Customer Question
1996 626. Noisy...

1996 626. Noisy blower fan. Probably a mouse nest (has happened before but person who dealt with it is no longer available). Got the "flap" open under the passenger side dash. Now...?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

About a month. Sporadic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 626 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I hoped to fix this myself. Just don't know what to take out to clean, if appropos.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that comes to mind. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/6/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Generally I start cleaning out a blower motor by going at it through the raintray underneath the hood basically take off the wipers and the trim underneath the wipers and clean it out.You can't really get too much under the dash without pulling the blower motor out and that's not really necessary. Can you describe the blower motor noise though if it's more of a bearing related noise than it's actually the motor itself and it sounds like there's debris in it then you're probably on the right path.