Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda 3 2009. Once every 3 times the radiator fan does not…

Mazda 3 2009. Once...

Mazda 3 2009. Once every 3 times the radiator fan does not turn off after turning the engine off even engine has cooled, until it drais the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?

Has not been overheating and fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not. I have taken it to a shop and the guy can't find out what is causing the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He changed the temperature sensor.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/5/2018
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Did the shop check for malfunction codes >

Was to your knowledge the check engine light ON when the engine was running .

Rgds Greg

Reasons why a cooling fan may stay on longer than the normal 10 to 50 seconds .

Low coolant level .

Bad circulation Thermostat faulty .

Malfunctioning coolant temp sensor ..

First check the coolant level .if low top up and recheck .

Faulty fan relay very common check with your dealer think there was a TSB for this problem .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Hi Greg
No malfunction code or check engine light on
Will get your answer/recomenndation to the shop so they can check your recommendations and will get back to you. I read in a mazda forum that it might be the relay.

Yes the relay is a typical issue on this vehicle .

Have him check no luck then please get back to me if needed.

Kindest regards Greg

Get the relay changed ?

Greg

Greg
Greg, import technician
They tried replacing the temp sensor and it is working ok so far. Seens the issue has been solved but maybe it is too soon to confirm. we will see. thanks, ***** ***** questions

Its the most common issue the temp sensor .

BUT SHOULD IT STILL BE A PROBLEM YOU CAN GET BACK TO ME WITH OUT ANY EXTRA CHARGE .

Kind regards Greg