Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2010 Mazda 3 2.5 with 5 codes from scanner: P0102, P0113,

2010 Mazda 3 2.5...

2010 Mazda 3 2.5 with 5 codes from scanner: P0102, P0113, P061B, P0753, and U0100. The engine trouble light and AT light in the dash was on. We replaced the transmission control module after getting that code only earlier. We also replaced the mass air flow sensor and the engine air filter. There is no engine trouble light or AT light on in the dash. The car runs great with the exception when sitting in park and rev the engine to 4500 RPM it pulses and won't go beyond that RPM. 119000 miles on the car. Do we have a problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No. But all the dashboard functions are working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a Mazda 3 with 2,5 engine. Yes. Nothing beyond what we have already done. I have a scanner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, you have everything.

There is no engine trouble light on or AT light on in the dash after we replaced the TCM. But I still get those 5 codes on the scanner.
Are you still working on it?
2/15/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

These codes are they current or left over from prior repairs?

Have you cleared the codes, driven, then scanned it again to see if codes returned?

Are you still working on this for me?

I am, just waiting for you to reply to the 2 info request questions I posted.

I don't know. I have tried to clear them but they say "permanent" and can only be cleared by the computer sensing the issues have been repaired. There is no engine trouble light on or no AT light on on the dash. The car starts and drives very well. There is a problem with the brakes. The master cylinder was replaced by a brake guy a year ago. The reason was after hard braking going down an incline the pedal rattled a great deal and the pedal went down to the floor. Ever since then the pedal is very spongy and goes almost to the floor when normal braking. We have bled the brakes 3 times and the same spongy to the floor occurs. Is it the master cylinder or an ABS problem. If so what do we need to do to fix it? Thank you, Dave

We are only allowed to stay on and help on the original concern. New concerns have to go on a new post. The website will ban me for breaking there rules.

If you remove both battery cables, hold them together. The 15 minutes later reconnect them to the battery. Start and drive the car 5 times. Then check codes, are there any codes?

OK. I will try that. Thank you, Dave

Great

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician