Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I had a 2008 cx9. We bought it used. It has a few issues…

I had a 2008 cx9...
I had a 2008 cx9. We bought it used. It has a few issues with the door lock.
I don’t have a fob, so I have to use the key to unlock the door.
Sticking the key in the door lock, the key gets ‘stuck’ i have to wiggle the key and then turn it back and forward serval times jus to get the door unlocked.
Once in the car I can use the power locks to lock all the doors except the drivers door, it won’t lock. I can use the manual lock and it locks.
When I’m getting out of the car, I’ll use the manual button to unlock the door. (The other doors are still locked). With the door open, by habit, I’ll ‘lock’ the driver’s door by pushing the manual button, when I do this, the other doors that are still locked unlock and make a clicking noise.
2/11/2018
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Have you tried lubing the key hole?

we have done that
I’m more concerned with the lock panel that I’m also having issues with

The drivers door lock actuator would be the cause . The electric actuator has failed and would require replacement

off hand about how much guess would that be? And if I replace the drivers door, will it be a spiral and ‘blow out’ the others?

No it won't .Usually a few hundred dollars ...they wear out...

Ok thank you. About the key, I tried it again, the key went in the door lock much better, but I really can’t turn it to lock/unlock the door. I try to twist it back and forward (with the door open) to see if I could get it to lock and didn’t have any luck. What do you think the problem is?

Seized lock cylinder from corrosion. Lube it a few times .if it doesn't help it will require replacement

With wd40?

Or powdered graphite

Ok thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy