Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2004 Mazda 3, 2.3: engine will start, run for a little

Customer Question
2004 Mazda 3, 2.3...

2004 Mazda 3, 2.3: engine will start, run for a little while, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 30 seconds, the warmer it gets, the quicker it stalls. If you get it started when it's completely cold you can keep it running as long as you want, as long as you don't let it fall below 1000 rpm.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Engine light is on throwing a 2088, changed camshaft sensor, still the same, stalls at idle, can keep it going if I remember to put it in neutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've cleaned the throttle body, and the Maf sensor

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mazda
2/7/2018
Mazda Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

replace the oil control valve or do this test

do you still need assistance?