Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I parked it turned ignition switch to off, noticed a red car…

I parked it turned...

I parked it turned ignition switch to off, noticed a red car shaped light flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Immobilizer flash on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2005 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it yesterday manual says turn the key to on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2018
Pete, Mechanic

This is normal for this car. As long as the light shuts off when you start the car, it is ok.

I have shut the car off before without the red car like blinking on and off.
The manual states The system is armed when the ignition is turned from thr on to the ACC position. The security indicator light in the instrument panel flashes every 2 seconds until the system is disarmed.

If you shut the car off and the light doesn't blink the system is not arming. Then there is a glitch in the imobalizer system due to wear in the ignition lock cylinder.

OK thanks Pete.

Good luck with your car. I have found them to be good cars and reliable.

Pete, Mechanic