Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My 2013 CX-5 won't start and the battery is not dead. The…

My 2013 CX-5 won't...

My 2013 CX-5 won't start and the battery is not dead. The Security Indicator light continues to flash after I turn off the ignition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The service station guy tried to jump the battery but was unsuccessful.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I called roadside service and they couldn't start the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My guess the is the security lock was activated so I have to somehow override it.

1/21/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Using the regular key, lock and unlock the driver door 5 times quickly should disarm the immobilizer

Thanks. Tried it 3 times, 2 different keys, no luck.

Hi

Ok, you can try a hard reset. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and then reconnect

Did as u said. No response.

HI,

Unfortunately this means that there is a hard fault in the immobilizer system and will require a factory level scan tool to diagnose and then repair.

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

you are welcome and sorry for the bad news

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager