Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

We installed a new battery on my car and accidentally

Hello, we installed a...

Hello, we installed a new battery on my car and accidentally installed it the wrong way (reversed the poles)

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The battery is brand new and is not leaking. When I turn the key in the ignition, the lights on the dashboard come on but the car doesn't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Mazda 3 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a mazda 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes we are trying to fix it ourself rather than call a tow company to being it to a garage for something simple.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Which engine do you have in this please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Dohc 16v - 4 cylinder

Thank you.

Normally when you install the battery backwards you will blow the main fusible link. This is a large fuse on the positive battery cable. Check and see if its blown. This should look like a very large regular fuse. If not, then it will be a clear topped fuse bolted to the cable. Check that one first and let me know.

There may be other blown fuses, but this is where we need to start.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Okay I found it and I think you are right. It looks blown!

Thank you!!

You are very welcome!
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician