Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I don’t know a of a lot about cars but I have a 2006 Mazda…

Hi I don’t know a...
Hi I don’t know a hell of a lot about cars but I have a 2006 Mazda MPV and it was running fine then I left for work an the wife called me to say there was a puddle green black sludge on the drive where the car was, I think I’ve located the leak on the front passenger side coming from under a rubber boot not far from the wheel, does this sound like a major concern or can I drive home safely
1/20/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If both liquids came from the car then it is likely a coolant and oil leak together. Those would be major issues. I would check those fluid levels first, make a visual inspection from under the vehicle. See if it leaks while running. If the trip home is short then you may be fone as long as you make sure the fluids are full and not leaking a lot.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi chris I had a closer look at the rubber boot an there is a small hole in one end, all of my liquid levels are where they should be except the oil dipstick has nothing, yes I know that’s major but I last checked it about a month ago an it was fine, is the boot pressurised with car oil an could it have run out through the hole or have I likely lost the bung for the oil pan (I’m not sure where to find it on the car)

Can you provide a picture of this boot where the oil appears to be leaking from?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s all good mate I had a mechanic mate pop in today, he said it’s the cv boot an not seriously major but get it fixed sooner rather then later, as for the oil it must have been sitting just under the dipstick cause a bit of a top up an it was fine, sorry for the hassle but I appreciate the help, I’ll get the car into the shop next week for repairs
Cheers.

Sounds like that green black stuff was more like CV joint grease.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician