Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My 2009 Mazda 6 has a locked steering wheel and won't

Customer Question
start.the only 2 symbols that...
My 2009 Mazda 6 has a locked steering wheel and won't start.the only 2 symbols that are out is the red car with key, approximately every 2seconds and a red key with a line through it. How do I get it reset to start, thanks, Frank
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 2 days by:
1/21/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• I am attempting to get to and assist every single long waiting customer we have. I am willing to try and assist you. Do you still need help? Is there any more information you can provide which would assist me?
Still locked out. We changed the battery 2 times in the keyless remote and both lights are still on and we can't start the car help!!

Does the instrument cluster power up and the gauges register when trying to start?

When I get in the car all the lights on the console come on. Then when I put my foot on the brake and touch the keyless start everything goes out except the red key with the line through it and the red car with the key on it. I am told that means there is an issue with the key fob.

Do you have access to a scan tool to get us the trouble codes which are stored?

No I don't

Sorry but I do not believe I can help more than guessing in this case. I will opt out.

Thanks an
Mazda Mechanic: Marc Zerbin,
 replied 6 months ago
Marc Zerbin

Hi, I am preparing an answer for you. One moment.

Thanks,

Marc