Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

CX5 -- engine was turned off with the shifter being put into…

CX5 -- engine was...

CX5 -- engine was turned off with the shifter being put into park (was still in drive) now it won't start - what do I need to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

I don't know

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CX-5?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is my wife's - see is at home & I am at work - was just looking for an idea of what to try when I get home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't even know what else to ask

1/18/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Will the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?

no crank at all -- the button is pushed and nothing

Ok

A lot of time when this happens it's as simple as a jump start. Leaving the car in drive keeps the transmission control module on and also the solenoids. This can result in draining the battery. So I would start by trying a jump start. Leave the donor car on it for 15 minutes, then attempt to start it.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician