Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda 2005 MPV engine stalls suddenly when in motion. The…

Mazda 2005 MPV engine...

Mazda 2005 MPV engine stalls suddenly when in motion

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

The car stalls when only while driving and then all warning lights come on. When I put car in park I am able to re-start immediately every time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic was trying to fix it. He tried up-dating the computer system but that did not work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My mechanic also tried to find out what's wrong by running a diagnostic check. Check was unable to identify problem.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

O.K.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

CKP SENSOR ,CKP SENSOR WIRING IS MOST LIKELY THE ISSUE HERE .

Click on link to view pdf file showing you the CKP sensor location and replacement ?

CKP Crankshaft position sensor sends a timing signal to vehicle computer ,if the signals is intermittent the vehicle will shut off and usual will not set a fault in computer memory

that will be the most possible here

Part # and labor for ckp ,read below

2005 Mazda Truck MPV

V6-3.0L DOHC

Parts and Labor

• Crankshaft Position Sensor
  • Crankshaft Position Sensor

Parts and Labor

Parts InformationOEM PartPrice

Crankshaft Position Sensor

Crankshaft Position Sensor Part # GY0718221A $23.79

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace

Crankshaft Position Sensor, R&R 0.8 LABOR HOUR

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

If you repair shop has Oscilloscope they can test this ckp signal

click on link to view procedure

Hi Chad,Thanks for your advice. I will follow up with my mechanic.By the way, can you personally do this job? I am located in Queens, New York City. Pl. let me know.

Thank you for asking ,but I m in South Carolina, i would if i was closer , this only a 0.6 hr job ,so should be not more than $100 labor and part around $25

You are very welcome :)

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the bonus :)

I will add this , Make sure they check the ckp electrical connector plug for any backed out pins ,burned ,making poor connection, i like to use a flash light & clean up the area where sensor goes in with brake parts cleaner in case in debris in the hole of ckp housing , prior to installation

Now in extreme cases the Computer or wiring to ckp could be the issue ,that is why testing is needed .( in this case we do a continuity test on the wiring )

good luck with it ,let me know

Hi Chad,Still having the problem with engine stalling. It stalled twice this morning in a 2-mile trip. This is after my mechanic installed a crankshaft sensor. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.~Charles

MAF sensor ,clean and retest ,they sell maf sensor

vacuum leaks ,smoke test , around intake tb body and vacuum lines

any loose or corroded grounds cables from engine block to frame

Thanks ... could you say what MAF stands for?

mass air flow sensor

Thank you, ***** ***** will have mechanic take another shot at this and let you know.

welcome let me know.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat