Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2010 cx9 touring drivers side low beam won’t work. Took to…

Customer Question
2010 cx9 touring drivers side...
2010 cx9 touring drivers side low beam won’t work. Took to dealership and they want $1200.00 for a replacement headlight unit. There is no damage to the light unit. Couldn’t they just replace the wiring or ballast instead.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/17/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I understand the issue that you are having. I am quite sure that the dealer has checked the fuse for this light along with the wiring leading from the fuse box. You need to make sure that this has been done. If this has, in fact, all been done, and the bulb is sound, then the issue is more than likely going to be the headlamp assembly. This assembly contains wiring that requires the assembly to be replaced as a unit. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits.

Here, I am attaching testing information for this issue that you are having, just in case you want to verify the issue. Also, I have attaching the part and labor pricing information. The labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop.

This component must be replaced as a unit.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for information provided. Thanks again.