Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I was looking at your post about p1525 code and p1540 for…

Customer Question
I was looking at your...
I was looking at your post about p1525 code and p1540 for mazda millennia and you were recommending replacing ABV Vent Solenoid. Should I replace ABV Vacuum Solenoid as well?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You are correct. The issue that you are having is going to be due to either the vent or vacuum solenoid. To cover the issue completely, you can replace both, but it is not necessary. You will need to test and inspect these components to be able to determine the cause and which to replace. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information for the codes that you have provided, which includes testing. I have also included specific testing for each component. The vent solenoid is the likely cause.

The air bypass valve itself may also be the issue. You need to have the testing information provided performed and you will be able to pinpoint the cause. Here, i am attaching the only OE information on parts that is available.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have a diagram where these solenoids are located? I can see few of them but I’m not sure which one is which.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can see few solenoids (bottom picture) around EGR/firewall area but I do not know which one is Vacuum and Vent. And you have mentioned checking CAC as well. I need to know their exact location so I do not make mistakes when checking those and buying if needed.

I have requested this information, since Mazda has not provided this. If you can wait until the morning for this information, I will relay it to you then. If not, I will opt out of the question and open it up to others.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

The only picture that is doing justice is the second to last. The vent valve is the component at the top of this picture.

You can also see this component at the right hand side of the first pic and the top of the third.

Here is the location information that you have requested. This is all of the OE information that mazda offers for the location of these components.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Can you please provide me with part number for Vent and Vacuum Solenoids?

Here is the part that you are looking for...

Part #: 911-707

The ABV part number is ***** the attachment labeled parts and labor.

For any other part number, you will have to contact the dealer.

Just as a reminder, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you please confirm what #911-707 is for? I was asking for two solenoids.

It is for the vacuum valve. This is a part # from autozone as the OE part numbers are not listed and you will have to contact the dealer for additional part number information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That makes no sense. This is EGR not ABV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m out

I will opt out because you are not listening. Have a great day. You are welcome for the free information.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician