Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Full cat exhaust and i keep throwing o2 bank 1 sensor 2. I…

Full cat exhaust and...

Full cat exhaust and i keep throwing o2 bank 1 sensor 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

I wasnt sure if a full cat exhaust had an o2 sensor on it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2013 mazdaspeed 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought it that way and the previous owners said it trips the code because it doesnt have that sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i accelerate from 1-3rd gear its smooth, but once i drop into 4th i get lag or jolting thats only if i gun it if i accelerat without gunning then it wont happen

1/17/2018
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Master Tech

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

K
I'm fine with chat

ok

the sensor 2 has only one job, it monitors the cat converter. thats why the pcm is coding because it is looking for a reading.

it will not affect the running if the motor.

have you had the basics checked on the motor?? plugs, filters??

Roy

I had a mechanic do it but Idk how through of a job was done

ask him for the results of what he did??

was there any other codes???

you have a performance exhaust installed but did you also have anything done to the intake system??

Roy

Ram intake, full cat exhaust, high pressure fule internals

ok, good

any performance camshaft??

No

ok, it is great you made the engine breathe. that a good enhancement.

the fact that you added high pressure fuel would require internal upgrades. you would need some engine timing changes as well as better cam duration/

do you know if they did any internal upgrsdes??

Would it be possible the high pressure fuel internals is outputting to much for the current set up

thats where I was going. you need the internals to complement the add ons you have

What next steps would u suggest
Cause it climbs smooth unless I go full pedal to the metal

I would have the fuel filter and pressure checked.

see if anyone can check the timing for you. you have a timing chain and would need to be checked for slack.

also, have the compression checked.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

do you have any other questions??

any update

roybelding
roybelding, ASE Master Tech

thank you

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Master Tech