Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Car won't start. "Keyless SYstem Inspection Required"

Car won't start. "Keyless...

Car won't start. "Keyless SYstem Inspection Required" flashes. Plus a TSPM (?) warning AND a brake warning I have a 2015 Mazda CX5

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It unlocks my car. Maybe I'll try to start it with my other fob?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, no, no. Not h***** *****ke that. :) I called the dealership and they had no idea. :(

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oh, I recently had a screw in a tire and had to press the TPS button to reset it after fixing it...

1/16/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try the other key and see if it works.If it does then the first key is not sending a signal as it should and is causing this issue with it needing to be replaced.If the second key acts up the same way this can be a fault with the keyless start system control unit or a fault with the brake position switch.What would have to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port to then diagnose the issue from there.I have seen a faulty brake switch cause this issue as well as the remote key itself as the most common causes.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll replace the fob batteries and see if that fixes it. Thanks!

Your welcome

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician