Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Appears to be leaking on left side, up near top but I do not…

Customer Question
Appears to be leaking...

Appears to be leaking on left side, up near top but I do not see valve cover leak. Appears near power steering pump but power steering pump is not loosing fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Checked yesterday and last week, no noises from pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2003 3.0l tribute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, I changed the oil for the first time, purchased couple mos ago for son, noticed the oil pan wet w/ oil but it appears to start up high on left side,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I sprayed off to clean dirt off yesterday, lot of oil on the serpentine belt so I thought in a couple days or so we would look at it again. Any common leak issues he would know of?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/15/2018
Mazda Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

For starters, we need to identify exactly where the leak is at. You first need to clean off that area real good,then add dye to the oil, run the motor for 10 minutes and check for leaks with a black light. This is the only accurate way to find a leak, same with any leaks.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

I want my money back

?

I’ll be filing complaint with PayPal today

Okay, I guess I didn't get much from your reply regarding your car problem, maybe you can be a little clearer about it so I can help you better?

I'm a user of this site just like you are, I don't handle any funds, I just supply you with accurate answers. Some you may not want to hear, but accurate none the less.

Thanks again, Ron

Give me refund and I will give you 5 stars

Please read above post of mine. To get a refund, you need to go through customer service. Bribery doesn't work either.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor