Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My mazda mpv 2001 has noisy idle air control. 128,000 miles,

My mazda mpv 2001...

My mazda mpv 2001 has noisy idle air control

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

128,000 miles, 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I fixing my car and cleaning idle air control valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to eliminate the noise

1/13/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Where is the noise coming from, is it coming from the air cleaner housing?

Have you tried removing and cleaning the IAC?

the noise is coming from the air cleaner housing, and for the first time I try to clean the IAC. but again the noise still there

The problem you are having was a known problem and back then Mazda came up with an updated IAC , the part number for it was GY0120660B. Mazda called for replacing the IAC with the updated IAC and at the same time cleaning the throttle body up real well with some carb cleaner and a soft cloth. I would start with doing this .

I don't want to switch to live phone call. I want only to satisfy what is my question for the problem of my car

Im not asking for a phone call, those offers are from the site and not me. I posted my response above .If you missed it then see it again below.

what is the best things to do to eliminate the noise in the air cleaner housing and irregularity of idle air control

The best thing to do is replace the IAC with the new updated IAC from Mazda as well as clean the throttle body up really well. The part number for the new updated IAC is GY0120660B. Doing so should solve this noise for you.

Ok, thanks

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician