Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Have 2007 mazda suv cx7 code 2006. Code says runner control…

Customer Question
Have 2007 mazda suv...

Have 2007 mazda suv cx7 code 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Code says runner control valve stuck close b1 ,yes i reset it and replaced the vacuum valve and came back for same code

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am a small dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Showing a misfire cylinder 2 but runs fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/13/2018
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The swirl valve's position is monitored by a switch. When the PCM commands the valve to move and it doesn't see the switch state change then this code sets. If you've replaced the solenoid then either the valve is physically stuck, the switch is bad, the actuator is bad, or there may be a switch wiring issue. You can try moving the valve by hand to see if it is physically stuck. If not then you can move it while watching for the switch state to change on a scan tool. If it does not then the switch wiring can be tested to determine if the problem is a bad switch or a wiring problem. There is a good chance that the valve itself is stuck.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

like I said replaced the vacuum valve but no luck ,what confuse me is with a scan tool it work fine open close no problem !! without scan tool it does not work the shut of valve I moved it by hand its ok open and close ,I will check for wiring issue then see what happen?
Ok.