Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have 2013 Mazda cx 5 that I have not been able to start in…

Customer Question
I have 2013 Mazda...

I have 2013 Mazda cx 5 that I have not been able to start in 4 weeks. Replaced car battery and started fine. Next time I tried to start it nothing happened. Key light on dash red and starter button amber. New batteries in fobs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Looked at some of the fuses but some I couldn't removed. Dashboard bulbs seem to all work. All warning lights working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, replaced the battery. That may not have been initial problem. Not sure. Yes, would like to be able to take of problem myself. Can't afford any extra expenses right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think that's all.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 8 days by:
1/21/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 29 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• I am attempting to get to and assist every single long waiting customer we have. I am willing to try and assist you. Do you still need help? Is there any more information you can provide which would assist me?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Still need help.
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 28 days ago

Can you get the ignition system into the run position whereas the instrument cluster powers up. Then at the starter jump across both wires there with a wire or tool to make it crank and the see if it will start. This will tell us if the issue is at the end of the circuit or in the middle.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Will give a try after work tonight. Thank you.

Super

Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.