Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

2010 cx9 with a tapping valve lifter. 95000. Would try but…

Customer Question
2010 cx9 with a...

2010 cx9 with a tapping valve lifter

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

95000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would try but replacing a lifter in this car is tough for a tree mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am looking for an approximate price to have this repair done

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mazda
1/9/2018
Mazda Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, this is a big job, if you are going after replacing the lifters you would want to replace them all at the same time and inspect for any camshaft wear as well. Its about 15 hours labor with most shops charging a minimum of around 100.00 per labor hour. Parts will vary but plan on a few hundred bucks at a minimum for lifters and gaskets and doing an oil change in the same process.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician