Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5. I had to have a LifeSafer lock…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5. I had to have a LifeSafer lock device installed for DUI in late November. Since early December, my battery has been run down multiple times. The battery was replaced and a new LifeSafer device was installed, and the battery still keeps dying and the car will not start without being jumped off. The LifeSafer installer double-checked everything and says it is the computer in the car. What should I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

It's 2016 car and no way are the terminal connections corroded! Also, the auto parts store that replaced the battery said the terminals looked good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Replaced the battery at the auto parts store. Took the car back to the LifeSafer installer and had them replace the device with a new one. Took the car to a reputable mechanic and had him check the install. He says the car is not "going into sleep mode".

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/8/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

can you provide any more detail regarding "the computer in the car" and also can you clarify your specific question?