Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2010 Mazda CX-7 sv 2.5L diagnostic port no power for scanner…

Customer Question
Second opinion] 2010 Mazda...

Second opinion] 2010 Mazda CX-7 sv 2.5L diagnostic port no power for scanner to work, with mine or one at orileys auto parts, engine light is on and I had seen code for Po421. The room fuse was over loaded with 20amp mini. Radio was turning off on its own then quit suddenly and interior lights quit working also. When a new 20amp mini fuse was replaced it blew. I don’t think the door locks and security system is functioning now either. All other fuses look ok I don’t know about relays. One relay is blue in engine bay block top left yet all others are black in color.Read more: https://www.engine-codes.com/search_codes.php?q=Data+link+not+working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to replace the fuse, and connect the scanner to verify engine light but confirmed at orileys there is no power at diagnostic port. Yet it worked before the radio quit by its self.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just what common cause there is for theses concerns.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/7/2018
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The fuse had been replaced with a larger one because it was blowing and someone tried a larger fuse instead of repairing the problem.

The fuse is either blowing because of a short to ground in the wiring or high current draw in a component on the circuit. The circuit powers the data link connector, body controller, interior lights, radio, power locks, the amplifier, the instrument cluster, navigation, and power mirrors. If the fuse blows immediately when installed then there is most likely a short to ground somewhere in the wiring. If it blows when one of these components is used then odds are there is an internal failure in that component. If you're having issues with the radio before the fuse blows then there is a good chance the problem is in the radio, you can try unplugging it and see if the fuse stops blowing.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

My name is ***** ***** this came to my email mailbox. I did not ask this question or request help. I have a Jeep and two Hondas. No Mazda. sorry

Ok.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician