Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I'm experiencing brake issues with my 2010 Mazda 6. When I…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm experiencing brake...

Hi, I'm experiencing brake issues with my 2010 Mazda 6. When I first start the car on a cold winter morning, the brakes seem fine when I back out of the drive way and maybe for another pump after. But soon the brake pedal will get stiff and I have to press really hard to try to pump and release it. After maybe about 30 seconds it goes back to normal and is fine for the rest of the day. This usually happens every morning now since it has gotten cold (below -10C)

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, headlights turn on. Battery was replaced new 3 months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Just warming up the car for longer and driving at lower speeds until it happens or the car is sufficiently warmed up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I got this car used 4 months ago and have no history of previous repairs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/5/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin it sounds as though the brake booster either isnt working when cold or more likely the vacumme in the system isnt sufficient to give a good pedal .you need to have vacumme at booster compared from when it isnt working correctly to when it is to ensure its correct