Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Just replaced the fuel pump on my Mazda b2500 and still want…

Customer Question
Just replaced the fuel...

Just replaced the fuel pump on my Mazda b2500 and still want start if I cycle the key on and off 5 or 6 times it will start and shortly die it's like it's not getting gas but i do here the pump when I cycle the key on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

I just replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

1990

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I replaced the fuel pump and pulled the fuel filter off to see if I am getting fuel when the key is on it with fuel for one or two seconds then shut off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
The year is a 1999 Mazda b2500
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 3 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Fit a inline fuel pressure gauge and fit a jump wire between FP and GND at the diagnostic connector under the hood left side ,switch on ignition and fuel pressure should reach 40 to 45 psi.if pressure is good switch off ignition and the pressure should not be less than 22psi after 5 minutes

If the pressure is not reached then the fuel pump you fitted is weak ,if pressure drops to under 20 in less that 2 minutes

then replace the fuel pressure regulator (Which i think could be your problem???..

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Where is the fuel pressure regulator located?

Morning .

Fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel pump module ,right in with the fuel pump .

Clamp the fuel return line and see if she starts and keeps running .

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician