Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Miata and intermittently I hear a loud squeal,

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Miata and intermittently I hear a loud squeal, I think it's from the gear box, also I have developed a oil leak from engine area. The car has 117k.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No, which gaskets are you referring too?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and tried nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Intermittent clutch chatter, no slippage.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do you really have Mazda Miata expert? The car is a 2001, manual 6 sp, 117k miles, very original, well maintained by me and previous two owners, have owned it less then a year. I'm waiting eagerly for your repair of this car.
Oh, yes, what am I being charged for this service?
1/5/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

That was a robot before.

If there is motor oil getting on the engine belt/s, that might be the source of the squeal.

Does it squeal when reving the engine?

Mazda Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 6 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started