Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I can't lock my doors with my key fob and my car wouldn't…

Customer Question
I can't lock my...

I can't lock my doors with my key fob and my car wouldn't start either

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

My husband said the battery is still working cos light is still flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2014 mazda cx9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will cos I'm at work and I need to get home somehow. this morning after I took out the keys from the key fob and waited about 15 mins without doing anything when I tried to start the car it worked and I drove to work but once I got to work noticed it wouldn't lock so I anticipate having the same problem later

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/5/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Does the car make any sounds when you try to start it?
Also, what light is flashing? The security light?

the sound that says you need keys to start

Ok

if the only light flashing is the security light, its quite possible you are dealing with a battery problem. That light is a small LED light that takes almost no voltage to work.

That being said, if it's thinking you don't have the key, it's possible the fob battery is the issue. I would first try a jump start and see if the fob starts working to lock and unlock the doors. If it does, then it's likely the car will start. If not, if you have a second fob I would try that. If you don't, then try changing the battery in the fob you have. If that won't do it, then the key may need to be programmed by the dealer.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!