Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Engine will not start, or turn over. No headlights, no dash…

Customer Question
Engine will not start...

Engine will not start, or turn over. No headlights, no dash gage lights, no door lock unlock. Like no power to car. Mazda 3 hatchback. 2013. Standard transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far, changed battery in remote. Checked for corrosion on battery terminals. That it. We will take to have battery replaced, and go from there. It seems strange that it would just quit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The weather has been extremely cold. Battery is 5yrs old. Original equipment.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/5/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you getting the battery replaced yet?

Not replaced yet. Problem just started today.

ok so any auto parts store will do a check for free and charge if the battery is good at no cost as well, let me know what happens when you get the battery checked out and installed

Do you think it is the battery? Do these cars just quit, when the battery dies?
Thanks for no answers. I am gone. What a waste of money.

what do you mean no answers im talking to you now? does your last angered response mean you dont want help any more?