Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Security light is flashing fast in my mazda rx8. And will…

Customer Question
Security light is flashing...

Security light is flashing fast in my mazda rx8

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

And will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RX-8?

It flashes fast its a 2004 6 speed rx8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses ,disconmected the battery for 20 seconds reconnected it, ive also left key on for 20 mins amd still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
1/4/2018
Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 4 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

to fully reset the car you will need to disconnect the battery for longer than 20 seconds

its also advisable to join the battery cables together for 10 mins

and also ensure that the key-fob battery has been replaced

then try this re-sync procedure:

1 Get in the car and make sure hood, trunk and all the doors are closed.

2 ensure the key is out of ignition.

3 Open the drivers door and leave it open.

4 Put the key in ignition and turn ignition on and off 3 times, leave the ignition on the 3rd time.

5 Close and open the drivers door 3 times leave it open the 3rd time.

6 The car will lock and unlock this means you are ready to program the remote.

7 Push any button on keyless remote lock or unlock 2 times.

8 Your car will lock and unlock.

9 Close the driver door and get the key out of ignition.

10 Test remote and see if it worked.

if this doesn't work then you'll have to get the car to a Mazda dealer or specialist to re-code the key and modules

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer